Data Privacy Declaration for Maltatranslations
www.maltatranslations.com (hereafter Kolibri) is a website operated and maintained by Karl Callus for the Irish registered partnership between Karl Callus and Alexandra Michelmann under the registered business name Kolibri. Kolibri is not a Company but an agreement between two freelance translators.
- This website provides information about our services and is by no means used for the purpose of gathering any personally identifiable information about the users.
- We also do not require any registration including user names and passwords.
Cookies are text files that contain information to identify returning visitors only during their visit to the site. Cookies are stored on your computer's hard drive and do no damage there.
Website cookies contain personal data. Cookies spare you from having to enter the same data over and over again, facilitate the delivery of specific content, and help Kolibri identify particularly popular sections of the website. This enables Kolibri to tailor the contents of the website to your exact needs.
Some third party services (Facebook, Google Ads) may also place cookies on this website. Kolibri does not have access to these cookies and cannot control them.
Social plugins from the Facebook social network, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, are integrated on our website. You can identify the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the “Like” button on our web pages. For an overview of Facebook plugins, please visit: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
If you do not want Facebook to be able to assign your visit to our website to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses what are referred to as "cookies". Cookies are text files, which are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of this website. The information generated by cookies on your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP masking (IP anonymisation) is activated on this website and if you are in a member state of the European Union or in another state that is party to the European Economic Area Agreement, a portion of your IP address will be removed prior to transmission.
Only in exceptional cases will your full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of this website’s operator, Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website-activities and provide the website operator with other services connected to the use of the website and the use of the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
You can prevent cookies being stored by modifying your browser settings. However, please note that if you do so, you might not be able to make full use of all functions available on this website. You can also opt out, i.e. prevent the capture of cookie-generated data (incl. your IP address) relating to your use of the website to Google and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin, which is available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We would like to further point out that the Google Analytics on this website has been extended by the "anonymizeIp" code to ensure an anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP-Masking).
- Collection and Dissemination of Information
The Google +1 button is a way for you to share information with the world. The Google +1 button enables you and others to receive personalised content from Google and our partners. Google stores both the information that you awarded +1 to a particular piece of content and also information on the page you were viewing when you clicked on the +1 button. Your awards of +1 may appear to others as an annotation with your profile name and photo in Google services (such as in search results or on your Google Profile) or elsewhere on websites and ads on the Internet.
Google records information on your +1 activities in order to improve Google's services for you and others. To be able use the Google +1 button, you need a globally visible, public Google profile, which must contain at least the name you chose for the profile. This name is used in all Google services. In some cases, this name can also replace another name you have used when sharing content via your Google account. The identity of your Google profile can be displayed to users who know your e-mail address or have other identifying information on you.
- Use of the collected information:
In addition to the purposes explained in the above, the information you provide will be used in accordance with the effective Google privacy regulations. Google might publish aggregate statistics on users’ +1-activities and pass these on to users and partners, such as publishers, advertisers or connected websites.
Twitter service functions are integrated in our website. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. The use of Twitter and the “Re-Tweet” function links the websites you visit with your Twitter account and makes this information available to other users. Data is transferred to Twitter in the process.
You can change your data privacy settings at Twitter in the account settings at https://twitter.com/account/settings
- Our website allows you to send us requests of information. To do this, you have to supply your email address and name. This information is only used by us to answer your message. We delete all emails periodically to make sure that all information remains private.
- As for all emails, correspondence, project-related information and data, other than the one which is not already publicly available - this information is kept solely by us as long as it is still needed for the fulfilment of the project and then deleted permanently. We do not store any information on "Cloud" services.
- Publicly available company information required for invoicing purposes is kept securely on European servers and never transmitted to third parties. Copies of invoices are archived in printed format for accounting purposes and may be handed over to our accountant for verification purposes.
- You have the right to send us an email requesting all the information we have about you and to contact your country’s data protection agency to complain about the way we handle your data.
Contact person: Karl Callus
Official address: 78 Fountain Hill, Drogheda Co. Louth A92 FH4X, Ireland